Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Take time to rest each day to feel better
Clinical studies show that most human beings have a sleep debt which makes them tired all of the time. Simply put this means most of us do not get enough of sleep. Taking a nap each day is a good way to help yourself to feel better and get healthier at the same time. A nap is a period of rest which can consist of sleep, deep sleep, or simply resting your eyes.
A nap each day relaxes the body and mind, and produces healing chemicals that help us to feel good. Naps also guard against mental stress and empower us to calmly deal with life. Taking a few minutes to close your eyes and rest during the day, even for a short period of time can boost immune functioning of the body, as well as improve mental and emotional functioning. Naps are wonderful healing exercises for both children and adults.
Learning how to rest and relax your body and mind is easy. The following simple steps can help to feel better:
1. If you have a desire to become healthier, devote a small amount of time each day to taking a nap or resting. Train your body and mind to rest at a certain time each day. Make a nap a day a priority for your own well being.
2. Find a comfortable, quiet, shaded place to rest.
3. Make yourself comfortable, close your eyes, and just listen to your breathing.
4. In your mind, visualize images that help you feel peace and serenity. This can help you drift softly into a comforting nap.
5. Let your mind and body rest. Don't worry about anything. Just allow your mind to wander and calm down.
6. Wake naturally if you can. If you must, set an alarm to wake you after a specific period of time. Twenty minutes to one hour is ideal for a nap.
| Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2014 by danielle barone. All rights reserved.
This content was written by danielle barone. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact danielle barone for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.