Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Cinnamon and Chocolate Coffee Cake
I love coffee cake. Coffee cake is a cake you can have any time and not feel bad about it. It is a legitimate breakfast. Besides breakfast it is a great dessert or snack. A typical coffee cake contains cinnamon. This coffee cake is made from a cake mix and combines the delicious spice of cinnamon with chocolate. These are two ingredients I cannot get enough of. I think we can all agree that chocolate makes everything better! There are so many fabulous recipes made with a cake mix. This recipe is so easy to make and the cake is surprisingly moist and delicious.
Chocolate Cinnamon Coffee Cake
• 1 package yellow cake mix
• 2 packages instant vanilla pudding mix
• 4 eggs
• 1 cup water
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 1 cup packed white sugar
• 1/4 cup ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a Bundt pan.
3. In a large bowl combine the cake mix and vanilla pudding mixes.
4. Beat in the eggs, oil and water. Beat with a hand mixer until it is well combined and there are no lumps.
5. In a separate bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon.
6. Pour half of the batter into the pan, spread evenly.
7. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon mixture and all of the chocolate chips.
8. Cover with the rest of the batter, and sprinkle with the rest of the cinnamon mixture.
9. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
10. Turn the oven down to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and bake for an additional 40-45 minutes.
11. Allow to cool.
12. Remove from pan by flipping over onto a serving dish.
13. Optional, drizzle with chocolate glaze.
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon vanilla
1. Combine the powdered sugar and cocoa in a small bowl.
2. Add water and vanilla and mix until combined and smooth.
3. Play with the ingredients to reach desired consistency for easy spreading. Add more water to thin out and more sugar to thicken.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2014 by Michelle Matile. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Michelle Matile. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Michelle Matile for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.