Keep Hair Color Beautiful
- Shampoo your hair less often and use alternate methods on days in between shampoos.
- Dampen your hair to revive a style.
- Pull your hair into a ponytail or an updo.
- Keep your hair in excellent condition with professional conditioners. Hair color molecules will slide out of hair that is dry and porous.
- Rinse your hair with tepid water, never hot.
- Protect your hair from the sun. The UV rays of the sun will fade hair color. Wear a hat.
- If you swim in chlorinated water, wet your hair with tap water before entering the pool. Shampoo your hair as soon as you get out.
- Shampooing your hair always causes hair color to fade. However, it has also been proven that some cleansing products will cause less fading. Carefully choose your hair care products. They will govern the life expectancy and quality of your hair color.
- One of the leading hair color protective hair care lines is PureOlogy. The literature says that longer lasting hair color is guaranteed with a 4 week, money back guarantee. The shampoo is sulfate free and contains UV inhibiting sunscreens.
- Nioxin products for chemically treated hair have what is called Glyco-Color Shield with clinically proven results. The literature states that it was tested by an independent research laboratory in a controlled environment. They show hair color swatches that represent hair color immediately after it is applied and 3 swatches showing it after 14 washings. The brightest swatch is immediately after color was applied. The next brightest is one on which Nioxin’s 3 parts were used - cleanser, therapy and treatment. ( The color retention ingredients are said to be in all 3 parts) The next brightest – 2nd place - only Nioxin Cleanser was used and coming in at 3rd place was swatch that was cleansed with an unnamed, leading professional color potectant shampoo.
- The Redken company offers Color Extend Shampoo and Conditioner. They are said to extend the life of hair color by fighting environmental aggressors (UV rays,) poor cuticle condition (porosity,) and color-altering minerals. The Color Extend line also includes a deep conditioner and a spray in product that offers anti-fade protection.
These are only three of the many professional companies that are concerned with protecting your hair color. Your hairdresser may have another suggestion. To keep your hair color beautiful use high quality color care products. It is worth your time and effort.
Hair Color EBook
Learn to do your own hair color or
to make educated choices at the salon!
This book contains all you need to know, from choosing a color
to putting it on and avoiding problems.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
Choosing the Perfect Hair Color
Getting Back to Natural
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.