These soy ginger chicken breasts are simple to make and delicious to eat. Marinated in a mix of soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger, this chicken has amazing flavor and texture. They are perfect served with fried rice and a side of stir fried green beans. This is a meal that the whole family will love. Try this delicious chicken recipe and let me know what you think in the Chinese food forum found here. Enjoy!
3 large bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
¾ cup shao hsing wine
½ cup light brown sugar
½ cup soy sauce
½ tsp ginger
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp thick soy
1 tbsp hot water
1 tsp ground ginger
- In a large cup, mix together all of the ingredients for the marinade and set this mixture aside.
- Using your hand, separate the skin from the meat of each breast so that it forms a “pocket.” Make sure not to tear the skin from the breast along the edges. Then place the chicken breasts in a large container that has a tight fitting lid.
- Pour the marinade thoroughly over each breast and use your hand to spread it in between the skin and the chicken. Make sure to evenly coat the chicken breasts. If needed, you can make more of the marinade.
- Place the marinated chicken in the refrigerator and let it sit overnight.
- The following day, drain the marinade from the chicken and place the breasts skin side up on a roasting rack. A great tip that will save time when cleaning up is to use foil to cover both the bottom of the pan and the rack itself. Cover the bottom of the pan completely so that none of the drippings will stick to it. Then, to cover the rack, simply place a piece of foil on top of it and fold over the outside edges. Use a sharp knife and cut slits in the foil between each of the racks rungs. Press the foil around each rung and then place the chicken on top.
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- While the oven is heating, mix together all of the ingredients for the basting sauce.
- When the oven reaches 425F, lightly baste the breasts and place them in the oven.
- Cook them for 35 to 40 minutes, basting them every 15 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, check to make sure they are done. The best way to do this is to use a meat thermometer. When the temperature reaches 165F then they are done.
- Remove them from the oven and serve. Makes 3 delicious soy ginger breasts.