Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
The weather is finally cooling down, after this long,hot summer. However, it is never too late to heat things up. There are many events coming up for October and November. If you like traveling and meeting up with other belly dancers, then check out the events.
1. Sahara Raks - Houston's Gabriela will perform with her troupe on October 25, 2009. The performance will be held at Barnevelder Movement Arts Complex, located at 2201 Preston @ Hutchins. The cost is $10.
2. Pars Monthly Showcase - On October 8, 2009, Faizeh will perform at the Pars Fine Persian Cuisine. Show starts at 7:30p.m. You have to go to Palmdale, California for this event. Pars Fine Cuisine is located at 40008 10th Street West, Suite A.
3. Shimmy-Thon - For a good cause, you can get involved to raise money for children in need. This event will be held on November 27, 2009 at the Riverside Community Centre-Statford St. Andrew. Want to see the UK? This event is for you. Visit mysticbellydance.co.uk for more information.
4. Shiva 'n' Sheik - A Halloween themed party or "hafla", as belly dancers say. There will be performances, and an opportunity for you to shop till you drop. A dress code is enforced. Show up in a costume or a belly dance outfit. This event will be on October 24, 2009, hosted by Heather Cook. If you are interested, then e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Pink Bellydance - This event is in Nottingham and is going on its 3rd year. Like Shimmy-Thon, Pink Bellydance is raising money to help the Break Through Breast Cancer charity. A weekend filled with wonderful workshops, amazing teachers, and a show on Saturday. Diana Mehira will perform. For more information, visit tatihafsa.com.
6. Dance Like an Egyptian Star Workshop - The beautiful Amira Al Amir is hosting an incredible workshop. This workshop was soldout months in advance, so don't miss this one. On Sunday, October 25, 2009 from noon to 3p.m., learn all new dance combinations. These combinations are the foundation of Egyptian Dance stars today. You have to travel to Raleigh, North Carolina for this workshop. Go to amaralamira.com for more details.
7. Ansuya's new belly dance studio - Ansuya is excited to present her new studio to the women of Naples. Stop by her new studio located at 1011 5th AVenue North in the Antique District. There are new classes forming. Call 239-331-2035.
8. Yasmira's Annual Fall Swap Meet - On October 10, 2009 from 8a.m. to 2:30p.m., you have the chance to sell your stuff. To have a vending space the cost is $10! That's a good deal. There are also four workshops and get this, each workshop is $5! This is a great day of networking, shopping, and having fun. Visit joyofbellydancing.com.
Get the word out! If some of these events are not for you, then I'm sure someone would love to attend. Our belly dance community has to stay strong.
| Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Ronnette Ramirez. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Ronnette Ramirez. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Ronnette Ramirez for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.