The Star Wars movie franchise is one of the most successful in history, and is a timeless theme. Finding merchandise and movie memorabilia makes throwing a Star Wars party a piece of cake.
Star Wars Party Table
Cover table with star wars motif fabric, or use plain dark tablecloth or fabric as table cover and use the motif as a runner. A plastic base tablecloth is perfect to contain any spills. Mix and match inexpensive real and plastic plates for a layered effect on the table. Napkins in a complimentary color along with clear plastic cutlery allow for more creativity when setting the table. Use Star Wars treat bags and confetti to tie the theme together.
Even though it’s a kids table and more than likely for boys, a centerpiece can be fun. Shown below is a helmet from a video tag game that’s set on a sliver plastic charger.
*Make knapsacks out of motif fabric for favor bag.
*Use motif fabric as backdrop for food table and/or pictures
*Hang a light saber on the back of each chair. Make light sabers from wrapping paper tubes.
Make the food more fun by renaming each item with an identifiable name from the movie. Use printable food labels to identify each dish.
- Revenge of the Sith Sliders - sloppy Joes on mini buns
- Obi-Wan Kenobi French Fries
- Yoda Soda - lime sherbet in Sprite or Mountain Dew. Serve in frappucinno bottles with green straws or green and white paper straws.
- Clone War Cupcakes - decorate with Clone War rings which can be kept as favors.
- Anakin’s Mechanical Hand - Caramel corn in plastic glove as a take home favor.
- Chocolate light sabers - pretzel rods dipped in blue and or red candy melts with foil on one end.
- Count Dookoo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Jedi Training Course
If you’re setting up the course inside remove all breakable or valuable items to another room to prevent breakage and for the safety of the kids. The Jedi Training Course is a timed event so you’ll need to use a stopwatch to keep the time. The number of training exercises will determine the total time of the course. Here are a few suggestions that work well inside or outside.
- Walk backwards twenty steps
- Low crawl through appliance boxes top and bottom cut off
- Walk the balance beam 2x4x8 wooden beam
- Jump rope 10 times
- Jump over foam noodles
- Hop on one foot (you determine the distance)
- Bean bag toss into large bowls
Each trainee gets a Jedi completion certificate.
A Clone and Droid relay race and or scavenger hunt is a wonderful way to burn off energy. Also, the kids would get a big kick from breaking a piñata with a light saber. Darth Vader piñatas are available from Hallmark Express.
After all the games, food and fun let the party guests wind down by watching any episode of Star Wars. Their parents will appreciate them being calm when they pick them up and take them home.