Guest Author - danielle barone
This holiday season it is important to remember to take care of what you need to do, and also take care of you. Ask yourself-how can I make this holiday as simple and enjoyable as possible? The following are some suggestions that may help you:
1. Make lists of everything you need to do. Make several lists if you have to, and keep them together in one central place. You can also just work with one big list. Try the list writing out and see what system works best for you. Remember that a list will relieve mental stress and help you sleep better at night because you wont be up worrying about what you have to do. When its down on paper, you can let it go off your mind and this can help you relax.
2. Go to sleep early and take a nap everyday to give your body, mind and spirit the rest it needs. This is good advice for holidays and always. Sleep is healing, and resting is an investment that will help you be more productive.
3. When it comes to gift giving, keep it simple. I personally believe gift cards are the greatest invention ever. They make the gift recipient happy, and are a stress free form of gift giving. Even better is making a gift from the heart. Being perfect is not humanly possible, and giving the perfect gift is also not possible. Why not make it easy for yourself, and at the same time make someone really happy?
4. Keep in mind what is really important this holiday season. It's not the the gifts, the stress, the things in your life that are not right. All of these things seem to snowball, and come to a head at this time of year all at once. Look past that, and realize itís a time for celebrating Christís Birthday, and for cherishing time spent with love ones. Thatís really what is important. In years to come what will your children remember? You want them to have warm memories of their family spending some moments together.
4. Do something you like to do. Get a massage, get your feet and nails done, take a relaxing walk, or buy yourself a small gift you always wanted. Remember to take care of yourself, and do what makes you feel good. That is one of the true meanings of a holiday, and it can help you enjoy holiday time even more.
Best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season !