Guest Author - Michelle Matile
I love cheesecakes. They are cool, creamy, and refreshing. And the best part is they are so easy to make. This recipe has a few steps but is well worth it. The base of the cheesecake is brownie. I used a brownie mix from the store and prepared according to directions. You can use any favorite brownie recipe. What can be better than brownie and cheesecake?
OREO CHEESECAKE RECIPE
Brownie prepared in an 8 inch springform pan
2 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese, softened
1 (8 oz.) container of Cool Whip
2 cups of milk
2 packages of instant white chocolate pudding
10 Oreo cookies crushed
9 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
1. Prepare brownie according to instructions on box and bake in an 8 inch springform pan.
2. Once brownies have cooled, combine cream cheese and 1/2 cup of milk in large mixing bowl with a whisk. It is important that the cream cheese be softened or the cream cheese mixture may come out lumpy.
3. Mix remaining milk and dry pudding mixes in a separate bowl with whisk.
4. Add pudding mixture to cream cheese and beat with whisk until smooth (typically 2 minutes).
5. Stir in Cool Whip until well blended.
6. Mix in crushed Oreos and then spoon onto prepared brownie; smooth it out so the top is flat.
7. Allow to chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
8. Prepare ganache by heating the heavy whipping cream over medium heat. It should be heated enough to see the beginning of bubbles, but do not allow to boil.
9. Have the chocolate chips ready in a separate bowl (microwave safe). Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips.
10. Let the mixture sit for 2 minutes to allow the chocolate to melt.
11. Mix the chocolate with a spatula until smooth. The ganache should be at a good consistency to pour over the cake.
Tip: If the gananche is too thick try microwaving for a few seconds. Chocolate ganache becomes thicker as it cools and thinner as it is heated.
12. Remove the side of the springform pan.
13. Pour ganache over cake. It should cover the entire top of the cake and drip down the sides.
The ganache adds a professional touch. Enjoy!