Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Caramel Brownie Recipe
Caramel is a gooey, chewy, sweet candy. It is produced when sugar is slowly heated and melted with butter, milk, vanilla, and water. This candy making process can be tedious. To avoid burning, constant stirring and attention to the confection is required. The heating of the sugars is what gives the candy its tan, caramel color. The milk is what gives it a soft, chewy texture.
Caramel alone is sweet and delicious. Caramel with chocolate is even better and one of my favorite combinations. These chocolate caramel brownies are a delicious way to enjoy chocolate and caramel. And don't worry about making your own caramel. This recipe calls for buying candy already made. The caramel gives this brownie a gooey sweet surprise throughout. These brownies are made with a cake mix. It is amazing all the goodies that can be made with a cake mix.
Chocolate Caramel Brownies
Makes 24 brownies
14 oz.caramel (I buy the 14 oz. bag of Kraft wrapped caramels)
1 cup evaporated milk
1 (18.25 ounce) package Devil's Food chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups milk chocolate chips (1 12 oz. package)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
3. Mix cake mix, 2/3 cup of evaporated milk, and melted butter in large bowl.
4. Spread one half of batter in the prepared pan. The batter will be thick.
5. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. Peel caramels and melt in a small sauce pan over low heat.
7. Stir in 1/2 cup evaporated milk.
8. Stir constantly to avoid burning.
9. Take the brownie mixture out of the oven and spread chocolate chips.
10. Drop spoonfuls of the caramel mixture over the chocolate chips. The entire brownie will not be covered.
11. Spread the remaining cake batter over the caramel. This will also not fully cover the brownies.
12. Bake for an additional 30 minutes.
13. Remove and let cool.
These brownies are another great addition to a cookie tray. Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2014 by Michelle Matile. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Michelle Matile. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Michelle Matile for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.