Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Natural Wrinkle Prevention
The skin produces less of the nutrients collagen and elastin as we age. Collagen aids in cell regeneration and wrinkle prevention. Elastin helps the skin to stretch and move back into its original shape without wrinkling. You can naturally preserve the beauty of the skin with healthy skin rituals that replenish both collagen and elastin. The following are examples of simple ways to prevent wrinkles and aging of the skin:
* Eat a well balanced diet, and take a daily multivitamin to help your skin and body to stay healthy. Choose a multivitamin that contains antioxidants, essential amino acids and minerals. These nutrients work within the body to prevent wrinkles and aging.
* Take a fish oil capsule as often as possible. Once a day is ideal or once a week is fine too. Fish oil is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, which are healthy for your heart and brain. Fish oil moisturizes the skin and helps it to look younger and radiant. Fish oil also will help your hair to grow longer and become healthier. Fish oil products that have no odor are available.
* Use a sunscreen daily to prevent skin cancer, and protect the skin from damaging ultraviolet rays, which can cause aging of the skin.
* Avoid smoking to preserve skin health. Smoking deteriorates the vital organs and health of the body. It decreases the amount of oxygen, blood flow, and nutrients the organs receive. The skin as the largest organ of the body, suffers greatly from smoking. Smoking leaves the facial skin very susceptible to deep wrinkle formation and aging.
* The sun can cause wrinkles and aging to develop on the skin. It can also damage the eyesight as well as the retina and cornea of the eye. Wear sunglasses while outdoors or driving to protect the health of your skin and eyes. Dark sunglasses that offer ultraviolet protection work well to prevent damage to the skin and eyes.
* Tanning beds emit Ultraviolet A (UVA) rays. Tanning from the sun emits Ultraviolet B (UVA) rays. Both types of ultraviolet rays are equally harmful to the skin. Avoid tanning to prevent wrinkle formation, photo aging, and skin cancer.
* Avoid products that over dry the skin and make it feel tight, cracked and sore. This damages the skin over time. If you need to dry your skin to treat acne, do so in moderation. The elasticity of skin depends on its moisture content. Remove too much moisture, and the face becomes wrinkled. To care for sensitive and acne prone skin, try using skin care products made with plant extracts that treat the skin gently. A good example is aloe, which eliminates acne bacteria and moisturizes the skin. It is good to research the skin care products that you use; to be sure they do not contain harsh chemical ingredients that strip the skin of protective moisture.
* Use a moisturizer with natural ingredients to nourish and regenerate the skin. Examples are vitamin C, aloe, vitamin E, shea butter, olive oil, antioxidants, and pentapeptides (collagen boosters). Moisturizer is essential if your skin is mature or dry. It works to keep the skin hydrated and allows it to stretch without wrinkling when facial expressions are made.
* It is important to keep the eye area moisturized at all times. An emollient applied to the eye skin will prevent wrinkles and help the eyelashes to grow longer. Eye moisturizers made with natural oil, mineral oil, petroleum jelly, and vitamin E work well to hydrate the delicate eye area.
* Water hydrates the skin from the inside out, and is one of the best natural moisturizers and wrinkle preventatives. Drink plenty of filtered clean water each day to help your skin radiate natural health and beauty.
* Avoid facial expressions that stretch the skin while it is dry. This will prevent wrinkle formation. To preserve the beauty of your skin avoid laughing hard, yawning widely, squinting hard, and wrinkling the forehead at all times and especially when the skin is dry.
* Vitamin C heals the skin tissue, and increases the production of collagen. Collagen stimulates cell regeneration and helps the skin texture to stay smooth and young looking. It is helpful to apply skin care products made with vitamin C to regenerate the skin and prevent wrinkles. Taking vitamin C in supplement form also works as a wrinkle preventative.
* To prevent facial wrinkles, improve your sleeping positions, to allow for more comfort sleeping on your back.
* The use of a silk pillowcase while sleeping is very effective for preventing wrinkles around the eyes. These soft pillowcases treat the skin gently and prevent the eye area from stretching and pulling during the nighttime rest period. Pressing your face into your pillow during the night can contribute to severe wrinkling of the facial and eye skin. Take time to research and purchase a soft pillowcase, as it can be a good investment for the health and beauty of your skin.
* Massage the skin to help stimulate circulation and cell regeneration. Facial massage is both relaxing and beneficial, and it can help your skin to heal.
Peace of Mind
| Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2013 by danielle barone. All rights reserved.
This content was written by danielle barone. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact danielle barone for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.