These delicious Chinese peanut noodles are simple to make and make a great side dish to almost any meal. Traditionally thicker noodles such as linguini are often paired with peanut sauce. However, for this recipe I use vermicelli noodles which are a bit thinner than spaghetti noodles simply because of their lighter and airy texture. Feel free to use any type of noodle you prefer. Try this quick and easy Chinese peanut noodles recipe and let me know what you think in the Chinese food forum found here. Enjoy!
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp peanut butter
¼ cup water
½ tbsp hot chili garlic sauce
½ tbsp honey
½ tbsp soy sauce
1/3 tsp lime juice
½ tsp garlic salt
2 green onions
2 tbsp unrefined peanut oil
- In a large pot add about 7 cups of water and mix in the salt. Then bring this water to a boil.
- Once the water boils, add the pasta and bring everything back to a boil. Then let the pasta cook for about 7 minutes, or just until “al dente.” Keep the temperature between medium high to high, making sure that the water continues to boil. Stir often to keep the pasta from sticking together. If you have a small pot, or the pasta tends to stick together, you can add just a tablespoon of regular vegetable oil.
- While the pasta cooks prepare the other ingredients. In a large cup mix together the peanut butter, water, hot chili garlic sauce, honey, soy sauce, lime juice, and garlic salt. Stir until everything is thoroughly combined. Then set this sauce mixture aside.
- Rinse the green onions under cold running water and dry them with paper towels. Then cut off the bottom bases and about an inch from the top of each of the greens and discard. Cut the remaining stalks into small slices and set these pieces aside.
- Once the noodles are cooked, remove them from the heat and drain them thoroughly in a colander.
- Then return them to the pot and immediately add the unrefined peanut oil and mix it in thoroughly.
- Turn the heat to low and add in the sauce mixture stirring until it is completely mixed in and the noodles are warm, about 2 minutes. If you are serving this dish family style at this point add in the green onions and stir. Then remove the noodles from the heat and serve. If you are serving this in separate bowls, place the noodles in each bowl and use the green onions as a garnish. Makes about 4 servings.