Guest Author - Michelle Matile
A Bundt cake is a quick and easy dessert. Bundt cakes are one layer and do not require a lot of decorating time. The cake can be finished with a glaze, chocolate ganache, or even powdered sugar. Bundt cakes are a great option when you need to bring a dessert to a party.
Chocolate Marble Bundt Cake Recipe
1 stick of butter, softened
1 (8 oz.) container mascarpone cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
1 tablespoon baking cocoa powder
Chocolate & Coffee Glaze:
2 cups confectioner’s sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2-3 tablespoons brewed coffee
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a Bundt cake pan.
3. In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and set
4. In a large bowl combine the butter, mascarpone cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
5. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
6. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
7. Slowly add the flour to the batter while beating with the mixer.
8. Stir in the milk.
9. Add half of the batter to a separate bowl.
10. Stir in the melted chocolate and the cocoa powder to one of the bowls.
11. Add both batters to the prepared pan a little at a time, alternating
between the chocolate and vanilla.
12. Once all the batter has been added run a knife through it to ensure the
chocolate and vanilla are swirled together.
13. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
14. Take cake out of oven and flip onto a pan immediately so that it doesn’t
15. Allow the cake to cool.
16. In a mixing bowl add the confectioner’s sugar and cocoa powder.
17. Add 2 tablespoons of coffee and stir. Depending on the consistency you may
need to add another tablespoon of coffee. You want a consistency that can
easily pour or spread over the cake but is not too thin.
18. Glaze the cake.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!