Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Chocolate Caramel Apple Recipe
Tart apples covered with both gooey caramel and layers of sweet chocolate are a fabulous treat. Spice up your next party with chocolate caramel apples. It makes a delicious centerpiece for a big event, such as a wedding or shower. This is the kind of confection that will impress your family and friends. But if you're like me you don't need a reason to make these. The chocolate caramel apples are easy but tedious to make. But the results are spectacular.
The retail price of these apples ranges from $10-$23 depending on where you buy them. Save some money and make them at home. The average it will cost you to make at home is around $3.50 each. You will not even taste the difference.
Chocolate and Caramel Covered Apple Recipe
Makes 5 chocolate caramel apples
Caramel (I used the 14 oz. bag of Kraft individual caramel squares)
2 tablespoons water
1 bag of milk Chocolate Candy Melts (a typical bag is 14-16 oz.)
1 bag of white Chocolate Candy Melts (a typical bag is 14-16 oz.)
Optional: crushed cookies such as Oreos or other crushed cookie
Popsicle or Craft Sticks
1. Push the craft sticks into the core of the apple.
2. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
3. Heat the Caramel and water in a small sauce pan over low heat, stirring constantly to avoid burning until melted.
4. Dip the apple into the caramel mixture, rolling to cover the entire apple.
5. Allow to dry and slightly harden on the wax paper.
6. Melt the milk chocolate melts over a double boiler.
7. Once melted dip the caramel covered apples; rolling to cover the entire apple.
8. Place the chocolate covered apples on the wax paper.
9. Freeze for 20 minutes.
10. Melt the white chocolate over a double boiler.
11. Drizzle the white chocolate over the chocolate covered apples, drizzle as much or as little as you like. I like a heavy amount of white chocolate.
12. Sprinkle the crushed cookie while the white chocolate is still wet.
13. Freeze for 15 minutes.
14. Use the cellophane to wrap the apples and tie with a pretty bow to secure.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2013 by Michelle Matile. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Michelle Matile. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Michelle Matile for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.