Guest Author - Michelle Matile
This recipe is for a Tiramisu Cake Parfait, layering cake and a tiramisu cream. This is similar to a mini trifle. This dessert is really easy to make. I used store bought pound cake, eliminating any need for baking.
Traditionally, a parfait in France is a dessert that is frozen and is made with sugar syrup, egg, and cream. The American version of the parfait is prepared by layering cream, ice cream, or gelatin in a clear glass topped with whipped cream. This can also include fruit or liqueurs. Parfaits make a great presentation with minimal work.
Chocolate Tiramisu Cake Parfait Recipe
Prepared Cake (I used pound cake. However, you can use your favorite cake recipe)
Unsweetened cocoa for sprinkling
2 (8-oz.) packages mascarpone cheese at room temperature
3 cups heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
2/3 cup sugar for mascarpone cream
1/2 cup sugar for coffee syrup
1/3 cup water
2/3 cup brewed coffee
1/4 cup Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
1. Combine sugar and 1/3 cup water in a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Microwave until sugar is dissolved, stirring at 30-second intervals.
3. Stir in brewed coffee and Godiva chocolate liqueur.
4. Set aside to cool while preparing the mascarpone whipped cream.
5. In a large mixing bowl stir the mascarpone cheese until smooth.
6. In a large mixing bowl combine the whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla and beat with an electric mixture until soft peaks form.
7. Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone cheese until combined.
8. Now it is time to assemble your parfaits.
9. Divide the pound cake into 8 sections.
10. Brush the pound cake with the coffee syrup
11. You will use each section of pound cake for 1 parfait. Cut the section into enough cubes to make 3 layers.
12. Start with one layer of pound cake
13. Top with a layer of mascarpone cream.
14. Sprinkle with cocoa.
15. Repeat layers two more time.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!