Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
1. Realize your feelings. Take some quiet time by yourself to listen to your own thoughts, and realize what your feelings are and respect them. Take this time alone without the distractions of television, radio, or other people. Then take the appropriate action to correct the situation.
2. Talk things over. If you have stress because of a person, you can feel better by calmly talking over what is bothering you. It is important to communicate your thoughts and feelings, and to listen to the other persons view patiently. Aim for a compromise, and a solution that will make both of you happy. Communication is sometimes all that is needed to rectify most situations. It is usually miscommunication and misunderstanding that are responsible for most of our conflict with other people.
3. Talk with a friend. Friendship is a wonderful and magical experience that can transform you into a better person. Friends have a special way of listening and making us feel good. A true friend is someone who cares for and understands you, someone who will give good advice with the intention of helping you. Talking with a friend and listening to the good things they have to say, can help you develop a positive perspective about things in your life. And you will have the same positive effect on your friend. That is what friendship is, two people reflecting back to each other care, understanding, respect, and love. Friendship is very healing to the body, mind and soul.
4. Find Solutions. Figure out what you can do to improve the situation. Writing down how you feel on a daily or weekly basis can help you to find solutions and feel better about your life. The next time you are in a conflict situation, think of solutions to the problem and write them down.
5. Exercise is a great stress reliever that releases endorphins into the blood stream that will help you feel good, and see the positive side of anything that is bothering you. Exercise can help you gain a healthy perspective, and feel less tension internally.
6. Learn to relax and let go. It is very helpful to train your mind to change what you can and let the rest go. Realizing and accepting what you can and cannot change in your life is powerful. Learning this simple perspective can free your mind from worry and stress. Letting go creates good health and good feelings. To eliminate health problems, we need to focus on the internal processes of both the body and mind and improve their functioning. Emotional distress is one of the contributing causes of illness. Solving problems and thinking positive thoughts leads to healing, feeling good and improved health.
| Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2014 by danielle barone. All rights reserved.
This content was written by danielle barone. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact danielle barone for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.