Guest Author - Michelle Matile
These brownies are cooked in a slow cooker. Serve them right out of the slow cooker. They will be warm and gooey. You can enjoy them as is or serve with ice cream. I served them as part of a sundae bar. A sundae bar is an easy and fun way to entertain your guests. Everyone, of all ages, love to make their own sundaes. A sundae bar is still impressive even with store bought ice cream. However, you have the option of making your own ice cream, hot fudge, and whipped cream.
Items for your Sundae Bar:
Crock pot brownies (recipe below)
Assorted candies and sprinkles
Your favorite flavors of ice cream (homemade chocolate ice cream recipe below)
Hot fudge (recipe below)
Whipped Cream (recipe below)
Crockpot Brownie Recipe
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1. Combine the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave. Microwave in 20 second intervals, checking and stirring after each interval.
3. Stir in the sugar and eggs.
4. Stir in the flour mixture.
5. Line the crock pot with foil and spray with cooking spray.
6. Pour the batter in the crock pot. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 3 1/2 hours.
Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons baking cocoa
2 egg yolks
1/3 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
2 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
1. In a medium sized sauce pan heat the milk, cocoa, and sugar to a simmer and then set aside and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk the 2 egg yolks.
3. Add the heated milk to the egg yolks a little at a time whisking after each addition. It is important to add the chocolate slowly to avoid scrambling the eggs.
4. Once the milk is completely added return the mixture to the sauce pan and heat over low heat.
5. Continue stirring while heating until it starts to thicken.
6. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate chips.
7. Stir until melted and smooth.
8. Cool in the refrigerator for one hour.
9. Add the cream and the vanilla.
10. Add to your ice cream maker and follow the instructions.
Marshmallow Whipped Cream Recipe
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, plus an additional 1/4 cup
1 1/2 tbsp. confectioner’s sugar
1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and 1.5 cups of cream with an electric mixer for several minutes. Continue this until stiff peaks form.
2. In a separate bowl, stir the marshmallow fluff and 1/4 cup cream together until combined and smooth.
3. Fold the marshmallow into the whipped cream.
Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cup evaporated milk
1. Melt the chocolate chips and evaporated milk in a sauce pan over low heat.
2. Stir constantly until melted.
3. Allow it to stand for 2 minutes before pouring over ice cream.
4. Leftovers need to be refrigerated.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!