Guest Author - Clare Stubbs
For decades, the music industry has seen plenty of changes and not just in terms of the bands or style trends. In the last few years the way we all listen to music has also changed because since digital platforms like iTunes, Napster and Amazon were created, millions of people have been given the ability to purchase their favourite music at the touch of a button.
I think about the amount of times where I have searched endlessly looking for a particular album, often without success and ended up returning home empty handed. Now, with millions of CDís stored in the online libraries of iTunes and its counterparts, this is no longer a problem and it is a feature that many other music lovers have come to appreciate.
Benefits of Digital Downloading
There is no ignoring the fact that when it comes to digital downloading it might not be the same as actually getting a physical CD but there are a number of great benefits from buying online rather than visiting your nearest store.
1. Once you have made your selection and purchased your single or album of choice, the download process will start instantly.
2. The price of digital music is going to vary (depending on the artist or group) but going by personal experience, there have been times where the cost of a downloadable album has been cheaper than what actual "brick and mortar" shops have been selling the same product for.
3. There will be times where we have all purchased a CD and only ended up liking a few of the songs. With digital downloads you will have the option to acquire individual tracks, if you donít want to buy the entire album. Prices tend to start from $0.99 per single which may be quite high for those people trying to build up an extensive music library; however there is the convenience of instant access to your chosen tracks.
4. Trying to find rare or older music can be difficult but more often than not, you will have a better chance of finding what you are looking for online.
5. Past problems on the internet have involved music being downloaded illegally but purchasing tracks through digital platforms of this nature is completely legal.
It is evident that these platforms could be the future of music because with more companies jumping on the digital download bandwagon, these services are certainly popular with music lovers everywhere. If you want to know more or to try out one of the sites then be sure to visit the links below.
Want to try out some of the digital download sites? Check out these links for more details.
www.amazon.com/MP3 or www.amazon.co.uk/MP3
www.apple.com/iTunes or www.apple.com/uk/itunes