Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Blog Tips and Earth Day Celebrations
“The earth is what we all have in common.” ~ Wendell Barry
Blogs are a great way to highlight a cause, and celebrating Earth Day is such a cause. To mark the 42nd annual observance of Earth Day, Blogs & Social Networking at BellaOnline shares some noteworthy blog posts supporting the cause. Each selection was chosen not only for being related on the topic of Earth Day, but also for their blogging merits.
Scientific American Blog
Mark Fishetti, senior editor at Scientific American has shared Earth Day 2012: The Best and Worst Pronouncements. It’s a comprehensive and diverse list of the good, the bad and the crazy surrounding Earth Day. One good is that once you are at Scientific American you can add their blog to your RSS reader to keep abreast of science and nature on a regular basis. He also welcomes sharing in the comments, looking for readers to share their own best and worst.
Erica at WordPress.com has gathered together a listing of nature blogs hosted at WordPress.com. Visit her blog post 8 Gorgeous Nature Blogs for Earth Day. In addition to celebrating Earth Day, stop and take note of one of the key elements of blogging, photos.
Earth Day Network Blog Updates
Earth Day Network Blog Updates is the blog of the Earth Day Network, an organization involved in global environmental campaigns. Their blog updates are a collection of news, events and guest blog posts.
Top tips learned from these blog posts
1. Invite comments. Speak to your readers and find ways for them to participate in your blog. It adds to your content. End your blog posts with a question.
2. Add photos. Readers enjoy blogs with visual content. Images to enhance the written word or photographic blogs are favorites. You only need to look at the success of the social network Pinterest to understand.
3. Share news and events. While blogs are conversational they can also share news and events on a topic.
4. Invite guest posts. Build relationships with others and add to your content.
5. Add blog posts featuring lists. Readers like lists. Collections or lists related to any topic make for a fun and informative blog post.
Top tip learned from living on earth
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” ~ Rachel Carson
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2013 by Violette DeSantis. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Violette DeSantis. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Violette DeSantis for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.