This delicious shrimp curry recipe is a quick and easy way to make a perfect comfort meal for the cold winter season. In this adapted recipe I use light coconut milk, curry, shrimp, and vegetables for a healthy and warm dish. For a more hearty, though more authentic version you can use regular coconut milk, curry, shrimp, and potatoes. Try my delicious version of this shrimp curry recipe and let me know what you think in the Chinese food forum found here. Enjoy!
To watch a video for these instructions click here.
2 cups light coconut milk (can use regular coconut milk)
2 tbsp hot curry paste (mild or medium depending on tastes)
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 lb peeled, cleaned and deveined medium shrimp
1 pkg frozen stir fry vegetables (Birdís Eye Sugar Snap Stir Fry works best in this recipe)
- In a large non stick pot mix together one cup of the light coconut milk with the hot curry paste. Feel free to use regular coconut milk as well and either a mild or medium curry paste depending on your tastes.
- Thoroughly mix these ingredients together and then turn the heat on high and let the mixture come to a boil.
- Once the mixture boils, turn the heat to low, cover, and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Stir frequently so that the mixture does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- After it simmers for 10 minutes add the fish sauce and sugar. Stir to mix these ingredients in thoroughly.
- Then add the remaining cup of light coconut milk stirring until it is completely mixed in.
- Next add the package of frozen stir fry vegetables and stir them in thoroughly. Birdís Eye sugar snap stir fry vegetable mix works best in this recipe.
- Then turn the heat back up to high and let the vegetables cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes or until they are soft.
- When the vegetables are soft add in the shrimp. Let them cook just until they turn pink, about 3 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp or they will be tough in the final dish.
- As soon as the shrimp turn pink, remove the pot form the heat and serve immediately. This is delicious served with a side of white rice. Makes about 4 to 5 servings.