Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Toffee Cheesecake Recipe
Everyone loves cheesecake and this is a super easy dessert to make. As the summer months heat up it is great to make a fabulous dessert that does not require the oven to be on for hours. The only thing that needs to be baked for this cheesecake is the crust. This creamy, decadent dessert will entice everyone. The cheesecake can be made the night before a party, freeing up your day of the event.
Toffee Cheesecake Recipe
1 package of short bread cookies (6 oz.)
1 stick of butter, melted
2 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese, softened
5 oz. marshmallows
1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup milk chocolate toffee pieces
1 1/3 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Crumb the shortbread cookies in a food processer. If you do not have a food processor you can use a blender.
3. Mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter.
4. Press onto the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan, coming up a bit on the sides.
5. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. In a medium sauce pan over low heat combine the marshmallows and 1/4 cup of heavy cream. Stir constantly until the marshmallows are melted and combined with the cream.
7. Beat the cream cheese into the marshmallow mixture until smooth.
8. In a large bowl beat 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
9. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
10. Stir in the chocolate toffee chips.
11. Spread mixture into the cooled short bread crust.
12. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
13. In a small sauce pan over low heat combine the semi-sweet chocolate chips and heavy cream until melted and smooth.
14. Pour over cake. If taking the side of the spring form pan off, the ganache can drip down the side of the cheesecake. Optional: garnish with additional chocolate toffee chips.
15. Refrigerate for at least an additional hour.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2014 by Michelle Matile. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Michelle Matile. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Michelle Matile for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.