Guest Author - Michelle Matile
These biscotti are made with browned butter. Browning the butter brings out a delicious, nutty flavor.
Browned Butter Chocolate Dipped Biscotti Recipe
Makes about 24 biscotti cookies
1 stick butter, melted and browned
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup of chopped milk chocolate
1. To brown the butter, cut it into cubes and add the butter to a sauce pan and heat over medium heat.
2. Stir occasionally and once it starts to bubble and foam stir constantly until it starts to turn a brown color. It is easy for the butter to burn and always better to err on the side of caution and remove the browned butter earlier rather than later.
3. Remove from the burner and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
5. Combine the flour and baking powder and set aside.
6. Add the brown and white sugars and vanilla to the browned butter in the sauce pan and beat with an electric mixer.
7. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
8. Add the flour gradually, beating after each addition.
9. Grease a cookie sheet.
10. Form the dough into two logs on the cookie sheet.
11. Bake for 25 minutes.
12. Take out of the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
13. Slice the logs into cookies.
14. Bake for 10 minutes.
15. Turn over each cookie and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
16. Allow the cookies to cool.
17. Melt 1/2 cup of the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then take out the chocolate and stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds and continue this process until it is fully melted and smooth.
18. Add the remaining chocolate and stir.
19. Return to the microwave and heat for 15 seconds. Take out and stir. Continue the process until smooth.
20. Dip or drizzle each cookie with the chocolate and place on a cookie sheet or plate.
21. Place them in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to set.
22. Store in an airtight container.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!!