Guest Author - Carol Margolis
We've all had those mornings. A loose lid causes coffee spillage on your light colored blouse; tights get snagged on car keys; or a heel gets caught in a sidewalk grate.
Luckily, we've got some handy solutions to tackle office fashion emergencies and help you keep it together at work. Need to repair a piece on clothing on-site without an emergency sewing kit? Little PINK Book has the answers!
Great Idea for Averting Travel Wardrobe Disasters
1. Need to erase a stain before a big meeting? Ask around for a coworker with stain-removing pen. Alternatively, dry-erase board cleaner works just as well – but test a small area first if your clothing isn't white.
2. If a zipper is stuck, rub the tip of a graphite pencil over the area to loosen it up.
3. If a button-down shirt or wrap dress is gaping more than anticipated, a loop of strong packing tape to hold the fabric together should do the trick.
4. Grab a stapler to fix broken zippers or loose sleeves – just staple the fabric from the inside out.
5. For scuffed shoes or holes in a pair of tights, a dark marker will provide a temporary fix.
6. Lint can quickly be removed from an outfit with a packing pouch – just take off the adhesive backing and slip the envelope on like a glove.
7. Trickier problems, like a broken heel, may require more creativity, but you're not out of options. Duct tape works wonders for holding a shoe together, and a marker can help blend it in.
Thanks to Little PINK Book (http://www.littlepinkbook.com), the online resource for every professional woman, for sharing these handy solutions!
Wishing you safe and enjoyable travels!
Carol Margolis of Smart Women Travelers
Business Travel Success...How to Reduce Stress, Be More Productive and Travel With Confidence!