Just imagine browsing for your next car in the comfort of your own home. No haggling. You just set the price that you are willing to pay and just wait to see if you get your new car! With
eBay Motors, this is all possible.
1. First, you will need to visit
eBay Motors site. If you already know what type of vehicle you are looking for, you can enter in search words (like LandRover or Honda Accord) right into the Search Bar located at the top of almost all of the eBay Motors pages. A list of all of the vehicles that match your search words will appear. If you just want to browse all of the vehicles for auction, you can just click on the Browse
button on the top of the pages.
2. If you see a vehicle that you are interested in, you'll need to register with eBay Motors first. **All bids at or above $15,000 require verification (credit card or alternative ID prior to placing a bid.
3. At the bottom of each listing, you'll see the current bid and the minimum that you'll need to bid. You can actually put in the highest amount that you are willing to bid in this section. eBay will use Proxy Bidding and will only increase your bid if someone else comes along and bids higher than your current bid.
4. You can enter in your maximum amount, then select Review Bid. You will be given a second opportunity to review and edit, confirm or cancel your bid.
5. You will need to re-enter your User ID and Password and then click on the Place Bid button.
Selling Your Car on eBay
If you don't want to go through the traditional route of selling your car, eBay Motors may be for you!
1. You'll need toregister with eBay Motors first.
2. The next step is to create a Seller's Account with eBay Motors. If you are a US licensed vehicle seller, you have the option of creating a Seller's Account using your licensed dealership information.
3. If you want to receive payments by credit card, you'll want to sign up with PayPal.
4. Now you'll want to enter in your vehicle's listing. You should be as descriptive as possible. Pictures are definitely a necessity. I don't think many people will even consider purchasing a vehicle that they can't even view pictures of. For more suggestions on taking pictures, check out our article on Taking Photos for Auctions or eBay's Photo Tutorial.
5. Click on the Sell button at the top of any of the eBay Motors pages. You will be taken to the Sell Your Item form. eBay provides additional information on Pricing Your Vehicle and Writing the Best Description for Your Vehicle.
6. After you complete the Sell Your Item Form, you can sit back and wait for the bids to start rolling in.