Feng Shui House Blessing
Rice Blessing. A Feng Shui Rice Blessing is a 6-step ceremony performed around the perimeter of your home to clear and remove negative energy from the home, the land, and from yourself. You will need a large bowl, a bag of uncooked rice, a bottle of 100 proof liquor, and a small amount of the mineral cinnabar. Bird seed or flower seeds can substitute for the rice, and an unopened bottle of paprika, saffron, or other red spice can substitute for the cinnabar.
Step 1 – Relaxation
• To calm the body and set the atmosphere for the ceremony, stand outside of the house put your hands together so that all your fingertips meet.
Step 2 - Chanting
• Repeat the soothing sounds of the chant “Om Mani Padme Hum” nine times, out loud but softly and quietly. If you prefer, you can use your own chant or mantra.
• Fill a large bowl with uncooked rice, birdseed, or flower seeds.
• Add approximately ¼ of a cup of red cinnabar powder or red spice to the rice. In Feng Shui the color red symbolizes positivity and beneficial energy.
• Add 9 teaspoons from a new bottle of 100 proof liquor.
• Repeat your chant nine times as you stir the rice 108 times. Men stir with their right middle finger, women with their left. The number 108 is symbolic, with 1 standing for a single person and the 8 representing the symbol of infinity.
Step 3 - Begin the Ceremony
• Start at the front door and throw 3 handfuls of rice high into the air, chanting with each toss and visualizing positive energy uplifting and empowering the occupants.
• Toss 3 more handfuls of rice from one side of your property to the opposite side, chanting as you toss and visualizing negativity flowing away from your property, like water down a drain.
Step 4 - Bless the Boundaries
• Slowly walk around the border of your property, chanting and tossing handfuls of rice up and to the ground until you return to the front door.
Step 5 - Grateful Prayer
• When you reach the front door again, toss three handfuls of rice toward the door while you chant, to bless the house and land.
• Toss three more handfuls of rice high in the air while you continue to chant, aiming for the sky and asking for heaven’s blessing.
Step 6 - Celebration
• Take your middle and ring finger and, chanting, flick them outwards nine times, visualizing the success of the ceremony.
• Share a glass of the liquor in celebration of restoring positive energy to your home.
Carol M. Olmstead is an ordained minister qualified to conduct Feng Shui House Blessing Ceremonies. Please contact her through her website or through the BellaOnline Feng Shui site for more information.
Start making Feng Shui changes today with the tip-a-day calendar in the new e-book from Feng Shui Master Practitioner Carol M. Olmstead. Click here to order your copy of "365 Feng Shui Secrets" from the e-book store at BellaOnline.com.
Join me on Facebook where I post tips, advice, links, and answers to your Feng Shui questions. Click here to "like" the "Feng Shui For Real Life Page."
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
Creating Home Sanctuary
Rearrange a Room for Happiness
Feng Shui Basics
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Carol M. Olmstead. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Carol M. Olmstead. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.