Flash CS6 Desktop Testing
Flash CS6 comes with several prebuilt templates that can help jump-start your projects. Let's test a few.
- Start a new project from the AIR for Android Templates and choose the Swipe Gallery template.
- From the Menubar, click Control - Test Movie - AIR Debug Launcher (Mobile)
This will open the preview window as in previous versions but it will also open the new Simulator Controller. As you can see, there are three panels: Accelerometer, Touch and Gesture and Geolocation.
- Open the Touch and Gesture panel
- Check the box next to Touch Layer and Flash will put a semitransparent overlay over the preview window. You can control the Alpha of the overlay with the slider.
We have several types of Touch simulations to choose from including Click and Drag, Press and Tap and Two-Finger Tap. The list of Gesture simulations include Pan, Rotate, Zoom and Swipe.
- Choose the Swipe Gesture radio button to simulate this gesture.
- Place your mouse cursor over the preview window and you will see a small circle. Click and drag the circle to simulate the swipe gesture and the gallery image will swipe to display the second image in the gallery.
- From the AIR for Android templates, choose the Accelerometer template.
- From the Simulator Controller, open the Accelerometer tab.
As you can see, we can move the mobile device on the X, Y and Z dimensions via the control or we can use the slider controls.
- Click and drag to tilt the mobile device and the green ball will move to simulate the accelerometer.
*Adobe provided a copy of this software to me for review purposes.
Copyright 2018 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe product screen shot(s) reprinted with permission from Adobe Systems Incorporated. Adobe, Photoshop, Photoshop Album, Photoshop Elements, Illustrator, InDesign, GoLive, Acrobat, Cue, Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements, Bridge, After Effects, InCopy, Dreamweaver, Flash, ActionScript, Fireworks, Contribute, Captivate, Flash Catalyst and Flash Paper is/are either [a] registered trademark[s] or a trademark[s] of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Diane Cipollo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Diane Cipollo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Diane Cipollo for details.