Background Music in Kwik 2
The background audio will play continually throughout the book unless the reader turns it off with the Music button on the Cover page. Because this is a toggle button, clicking the button again will turn the music on.
The information page for your app can contain what ever information you wish. For our sample app, the page contains miniature covers of two other books by the publisher and a link to the publisher's website, which will open in the iPad web browser.
Open your project in to Photoshop.
Select the cover page from the list of pages in the Kwik panel. In the Page/Components section of the Kwik panel, you should see "@ cover" at the top of the section.
Our first step is to import the background audio file on to the page. Background files tend to be large files. As with all audio files, you will need to balance the large size of the file with the overall size of the app. In the sample app, I've chosen a 37 seconds long audio file that I have optimized in Adobe Soundbooth to 98 KB.
- Click the Project and Pages icon in the Categories bar.
- Click the Add Audio tool in the Toolset to open the Add Audio dialog box.
- Location: Browse to the background audio file.
- Check the box for Short File. Although this file is a larger file, we want it to begin as soon as the app opens to the Cover page. So we need to load the audio file into memory at the start.
- Check the box for Play When the Page Starts.
- Check the box for Play in All Pages. This will tell Kwik to keep the audio in memory and play the audio between pages.
- Loop: Forever.
- Volume: 10
- We have 32 audio channels for our app. Let's use the 32th channel for the background audio. Put 32 in the Use Channel box.
- Click Save. You should see the audio file listed in the Components list.
These tutorials are for the older version of Kwik 2 and may not be much help when using Kwik 3 and above. If you are having trouble, please use the Kwik forum.
Copyright 2018 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe product screen shot(s) reprinted with permission from Adobe Systems Incorporated. Adobe, Photoshop, Photoshop Album, Photoshop Elements, Illustrator, InDesign, GoLive, Acrobat, Cue, Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements, Bridge, After Effects, InCopy, Dreamweaver, Flash, ActionScript, Fireworks, Contribute, Captivate, Flash Catalyst and Flash Paper is/are either [a] registered trademark[s] or a trademark[s] of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
Kwik product, the Kwik logo and Kwiksher are properties of Kwiksher.com - Copyright 2011. Screen shots used by permission.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Diane Cipollo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Diane Cipollo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Diane Cipollo for details.