Terms Of Endearment
Mom, Aurora Greenway, and daughter, Emma Horton, don't always see eye to eye on things but one thing's for sure---they love each other. Try to find these movie mistakes in the movie, "Terms of Endearment".
• Emma, who was watching the movers, goes off to find her mother, who's sitting on the bench, pruning flowers. Edward Johnson tells Aurora that she has to "face up to the fact that you have certain biological needs". When Aurora says "Cause I don't", she props up her right arm with her hand holding the pruning shears and her left arm is across her with her left hand dangling over the edge of the armrest. It cuts to a closer view just as Emma calls for her and Aurora's right arm is down and her left one is closer to her side with her left hand resting on her leg.
• During Aurora's birthday celebration, the close-up of her shows she's holding her champagne glass in the air, in her right hand. When she leans in to kiss Vernon, her glass and arm are down. But they're back up again when it cuts to the overhead view of everyone at the table.
• On her birthday, Aurora goes to Garrett Breedlove's home and asks if he was still taking her to lunch. In the rear view of Aurora when she says "not dinner, remember, it was lunch", her arms are down, away from her face. It cuts to a front view of her when she says "Good" and she's holding her shoes in her right hand, next to her face.
• CAUTION: May Contain Spoilers! Garrett tries to call things off with Aurora in the garden gazebo. In the close-up of her when she says "Blah, Blah, Blah", after the final "blah" her right hand is resting under her chin. It cuts to the wider view of the two of them and her hands are down.
• Frap is talking to Emma at the hospital while packing things in a box. He picks up a box of tissues and then puts a glass with a straw in it in the box, leaving a tape dispenser, a beige cup and glasses on the table next to it. It cuts to a close-up of him when Emma says "not them---you" and he's suddenly holding the biege cup in his right hand and there are now flowers coming out of the box that weren't there before.
"Terms of Endearment" (1983) stars Shirley MacLaine, Debra Winger, Jack Nicholson, Danny DeVito, Jeff Daniels, John Lithgow and Lisa Hart Carroll. It runs 132 minutes and is rated R for sexual situations, language, alcohol/smoking, and frightening/intense scenes.
Get your copy of "Terms of Endearment" here:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Isla Grey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Isla Grey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Isla Grey for details.