Sweet and Nutty Sandwich Ideas
We tend to think of sandwiches as a utilitarian way to slap together a quick meal. It's a radical idea, but there are sweet sandwiches that are terrific desserts. Some of them are great for snacks. Others are fabulous with tea. Meat sandwiches can be enhanced by the additions of fruit and nuts.
Today's ideas from the BellaOnline Sandwich Name Game tend toward the sweet or nutty. Nutty, as in almonds, walnuts, and peanut butter. From fruits to nuts, jellies to sweetened fillings, these tasty tidbits will expand your repertoire of sandwich offerings. Oh, don't forget the Nutella!
Sweet and Nutty Sandwich Ideas
* Sweet orange cranberry bread filled with cream cheese with crushed pineapple and pecans grilled in butter.
* Nutella and peanut butter on toast
* Grapes, finely chopped pear, toasted pecans, chopped rotisserie chicken and mayo on a croissant.
* Almond butter and honey on fresh babka
*Apples slices with peanut butter in a pita
* Nutella, open-face with raspberries and whipped cream on a slice of chocolate zucchini bread.
* Pineapple chunks, orange segments, and banana slices mixed with mayo and Cool Whip stuffed in a pita.
* Injera bread with peanut butter and honey.
* Toast topped with peanut butter and slices of a banana.
* Nutella and Philadelphia White Chocolate Indulgence on chocolate bread.
* Doughnut sliced in half with cream cheese and cinnamon topped with the other doughnut half.
* Neufchatel cheese (I like a bit of fat) and jalapeno pepper jelly served open-faced on a Ritz cracker.
* Nutella and bananas on sourdough toast.
*Liverwurst with pistachios and butter lettuce on a hard roll with mayonnaise.
*Nut butter and marshmallow fluff on soft, light wheat bread.
*Neufchatel cheese and strawberry jelly open-face on sourdough toast.
* Apricot jam and Virginia ham on an English muffin.
* Orange slices chunked up and added to chicken salad with dried cranberries and chopped walnuts, then layered with lettuce on a croissant.
* Nutty, nutty peanut butter with fresh chopped mango on a toasted telera.
* Orange marmalade with cream cheese and walnuts on sweet raisin bread.
* Rye toast with butter and blackberry jelly.
* Nutella and sliced strawberries on lightly toasted Health Nut bread.
* Apples, cucumber, and celery grated and mixed with toasted walnuts and chopped rotisserie chicken, spooned into a pita and dressed with a sweet and savory sauce.
What sandwiches have you created with sweet or nutty fillings? You are welcome to share with our community of sandwich lovers. Go to the BellaOnline Sandwiches Forum and post your ideas. We welcome your creative notes.
Related links: The Related Links below this article may be of interest to you. They contain recipes for sweet or nutty sandwiches.
When I mention stores or products by brand name, these are the ones that I use. I have not received free products from the manufacturers, nor have I been paid to mention the products or stores by name.
NEWSLETTER: I invite you to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter. This gives you all of the updates for the Sandwiches site. Sometimes, this newsletter has information and variations on sandwiches that are not in the articles. Fill in the blank below the article with your email address - which is never passed on beyond this site. We never sell or trade your personal information.
You Should Also Read:
Sweet Simple Pinwheels
Spicy Pinwheel Recipes
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Connie Mistler Davidson. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Connie Mistler Davidson. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Connie Mistler Davidson for details.