Gingerbread Man in Rebelle Watercolor
Now that we can see the shape of the gingerbread man, we can turn off the visibility of the stencil, by clicking the Show/Hide Stencils icon (see screenshot). If you prefer to work with the stencil visible, this step is optional.
- Add a new layer, name it Shadows. Click the Wet the Layer icon (see screenshot).
We will add the shadows along the edge of the body. As our light source is on the right, we will have the darkest shadows along the left edge of the body.
- Select the Watercolor tool and set the following properties (see screenshot).
Brush Preset: Round
Size: 20 to 40
- In the Color panel, set the color to dark brown #A0410D (see screenshot).
- Add a small amount of color along the edge of the body.
- Repeat the previous step, adding more color in the areas where the shadow will be the darkest. (see screenshot)
Now we will add the darkest color along the left side edges with the Liner brush, to add a fine line of dark red brown color.
- In the Color panel, change the color to a dark red brown #8F0E10 (see screenshot).
- Set the Watercolor tool to the following properties (see screenshot).
Brush Preset: Liner
- Add a line of color along the left edge (see screenshot). Add a few small lines on the right edge.
Back | Next
Gingerbread Man Stencil for Rebelle
Screenshots used by permission of Escape Motions, s.r.o.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Diane Cipollo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Diane Cipollo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Diane Cipollo for details.