How is Your Lenten Journey Going?
“How is my journey through Lent going?”
A few questions to ask as you meditate on your own journey:
- Did I give anything up for Lent? If so, how am I doing?
- Am I doing anything for Lent? If so, how am I doing?
- How are my Lenten commitments going overall?
- If I have faltered, how can I get back on track?
- How will these commitments deepen my spiritual growth and strengthen my relationship with Jesus as I journey toward Easter?
- Have I availed myself to the amazing gift of reconciliation and forgiveness through the Sacrament of Confession this Lenten Season?
- Is there something more God is calling me to do this Lenten season?
The season of Lent is a time of renewing our baptismal promises. It is a season of prayer, fasting and almsgiving. Lent is indeed a penitential season, but it is also a time when we are to deepen our relationship with Jesus, our Lord and Savior. A time to draw our focus back to what is most important. A time to distance ourselves, if you will, from the things of this world and strengthen our faith journey. A time to take notice of God’s love all around us – in the smile of a stranger, the beauty of a sunset, the loving care of a friend or family member, the joy of reaching out and helping another. And most importantly, a time to remember the great and awe-inspiring love our Lord has for each and every one of us. A time to, through our own sacrifices, unite more deeply with our Lord on the cross.
Lent is a time…
To walk the journey with our Lord, to rely totally on his care and guidance.
To turn away from our own will and trust in God’s will be done.
To learn how to love more completely.
To pray more deeply.
To ask the Holy Spirit to reveal his holy will for our own lives.
To thank our dear Heavenly Father for the most precious gift of his only son, our Lord Jesus Christ.
To thank Jesus for the greatest gift of all – his unconditional love that makes our salvation possible.
These are things we should always hold in our hearts, but the Lenten season is a time to take our spiritual journey to the next level.
Challenge yourself to embrace and more fully become the person God created you to be.
Peace in Christ,
© Melissa Knoblett-Aman
You Should Also Read:
Prayer for the Lenten Season
Sacrifice for Lent
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Melissa Knoblett-Aman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Melissa Knoblett-Aman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Melissa Knoblett-Aman for details.