Mushroom Sandwich Ideas
One cup of mushrooms that has been boiled without salt contains a lot of nutrition for the calorie count. Mushrooms only have 44 calories, but 7% of the Daily Values for protein. Packed into that are several vitamins and minerals that are essential for good nutrition. Mushrooms can contribute a significant amount, at least 10%, of these dietary essentials: fiber, Vitamin C, Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5), Iron, Copper, Riboflavin, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, and Selenium. Look below for some nutritious sandwich ideas that can be made with mushrooms. We have vegetarian selections, as well as sandwiches made with meat.
Mushroom Sandwich Ideas
*Mushrooms and artichoke hearts, marinated in Italian dressing and chopped with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil, spooned into a pita with fresh spinach leaves.
*Mushrooms and celery sautéed in butter, oregano, and Worcestershire sauce as a filling for an omelet wrapped in a warm flour tortilla with melted pepperjack cheese.
* Wild mushrooms breaded and fried, with butter lettuce, and herb butter on a croissant
*Portobello mushroom slices, onions, black olives, green peppers, marinara sauce, and Italian blend cheese, toasted in a hoagie bun.
* Asparagus, mushrooms, onions, spinach, melted herb cheese in a warm wrap.
* Muenster cheese on an omelet of eggs, mushrooms, onions, and pepper, wrapped in a warm tortilla with shredded lettuce and Pico de Gallo.
*Mushrooms, pepper rings, and onions, roasted and stuffed into an Italian roll with melted cheese and marinara.
* Sauteed lamb chunks, slivered onions, mushrooms, and spinach in a pita with cucumber sauce.
* DiLusso chicken, ham, and Swiss grilled with thinly sliced Crimini mushrooms and spinach dip in a Panini.
* Toasted meatball sub with Italian meatballs, chopped mushrooms, marinara, basil leaves, and provolone.
* Swiss cheese, bacon, sliced turkey, mushrooms, spinach and ranch grilled on sourdough bread.
* Roast beef Panini with sliced mushrooms, spinach, basil, sliced tomatoes, and blue cheese ranch.
* Loaf of Italian bread, sliced and layered with bologna, salami, pickle loaf, ham, provolone cheese, Italian dressing, marinated mushrooms, peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, olives, mayo, and mustard.
* Deer meat slow cooked with celery, carrots, apples, and onions, then sliced onto artisan bread and covered with mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy.
* Mushrooms sautéed with thinly sliced beef, oregano, and garlic, and toasted in an Italian roll with Parmesan cheese.
Be adventurous with your mushrooms! Use them liberally to substitute for meat in any vegetarian sandwich. Add bulk and flavor to meat sandwiches by using your favorite mushrooms. However you slice them, mushrooms can add interest to any tasty sandwich.
If you want some delicious sandwich ideas, visit the BellaOnline Sandwiches Forum and scroll through the Sandwich Name Game. Feel free to post your ideas there, too!
You Should Also Read:
Beef with Mushroom Gravy Sandwich Recipe
Hot Chicken with Mushrooms in Wine Sandwich Recipe
Mini Omelet Oven Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Connie Mistler Davidson. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Connie Mistler Davidson. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Connie Mistler Davidson for details.