Xmas Memory Widget from Bookry
For the next three images, the start, winning and losing images, let's continue the holiday theme. These images need to be 1024 x 728 pixels. As you can see, we included the text messages in the images. So, we won't use the text overlay option in the widget. But if you wish to use the text option, you will need to add your custom text and set the text and background colors for each of these images.
- Starting: Let's upload the purple ornament with the "Start" text. We will omit the default text overlay by leaving the text area empty.
- Winning: Upload the green ornament with the "You Win" text for the Winning image. We also need to uploaded an audio file (.m4a) that will play when the game is won. Again, let's remove the default text from this section.
- Time Limit: Finally, let's upload the losing image with the "Time's Up" text. Let's also change the Time Limit from 30 seconds to two minutes, so the players have a little more time. We also need to upload an audio file that will play if the player loses. Again the text was omitted.
- Matching: Let's upload an audio file that will play each time the player makes a match.
- Card Back: At the start of the game, all of the game images are hidden and the card backs are displayed. The card back image needs to be the same size as the other card images at 200 x 200 pixels.
- Seconds to show card: This is the duration that the game images will be revealed. If your players are very young, you might want to increase the number of seconds.
- Grid: The number of cards in the game is determined by the grid settings. As we will be using only 4 individual cards, we will need a grid of eight spaces. Let's set the grid width to four so that four images will be display horizontally and the grid height to two.
- Cards: Finally, we need to upload each of the four individual card images. Remember, each of these images are 200 x 200 pixels.
Now, we can save, download the widget and drag it on to a page in iBooks Author.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Diane Cipollo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Diane Cipollo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Diane Cipollo for details.