Find Your Bliss At Sea
Norwegian Cruise Line shows off an impressive array of features on the 4,000-passenger Norwegian Bliss. Many are unique and quite unexpected in a mainstream ship of this size. Hallmarks on Norwegian Bliss include a 180-degree upscale Observation Lounge, a two-level electric go-kart track, an open air laser tag arena, an oceanfront boardwalk lined with tantalizing bars and restaurants, a massive Aqua Park, top Broadway-style shows and entertainment, and extensive facilities dedicated to youth and teen programs.
Here are seven of the many things cruise vacationers will love about Norwegian Bliss:
1. Exhilarating Adrenaline-Charged Fun. Guests on Norwegian Bliss can enjoy racing electric go-karts on the ship’s two-level track almost twenty stories above the water. This go-kart track is the longest at sea, with up to ten guests racing at a time. For more thrills, head to the first-ever open-air laser tag arena at sea on a North American-based ship and compete together with other guests to see which team wins. Norwegian Bliss’s multi-story Aqua Park features two waterslides, two swimming pools and six infinity hot tubs. This ship’s multi-story waterslides are mind bending. Don’t miss flying over the side of the ship on the Ocean Loops slide and speeding along on the Aqua Park’s Aqua Racer slide. There’s also a Kids’ Aqua Park area that’s just the right size for little ones.
2. Superb Choice of Accommodations. Every kind of vacationer will find a stateroom that fits their needs on Norwegian Bliss. With over 2,000 staterooms, the ship offers everything from sumptuous suite and villa accommodations to solo cabins for single travelers. Innovative stateroom types include spa suites, penthouses and a variety of roomy mini-suites. Guests seeking VIP treatment will love The Haven by Norwegian, a private luxury multi-floor boutique hotel within the ship featuring sumptuous suites, a private restaurant and cocktail bar, pool and sundeck area, and attentive concierge service. Norwegian Bliss features studios for solo travelers and connecting rooms and suites perfect for families.
3. Spectacular Observation Lounges. Norwegian Bliss is specially built to connect guests with breathtaking places including magnificent Alaska and the Caribbean Sea. The ship’s unique design reflects this, particularly the massive Observation Lounge on Deck 15 forward. This upscale space features 180-degree views from floor-to-ceiling windows, a full-service bar, interactive screens, comfortable seating, and complimentary continental breakfast and snacks during the morning, at noon and in the evening. The two-story Horizon Lounge in The Haven is another special feature on Norwegian Bliss, offering panoramic scenic views exclusively for Haven guests.
4. Delectable Dining Options. Food lovers can choose from a wide variety of tempting options on Norwegian Bliss. The ship is a foodie paradise with over 20 different dining venues. The Waterfront is an outdoor promenade lined with a variety of seaside eateries offering stunning ocean views. These are popular meeting and dining spots for guests who want to gaze at the relaxing seascapes while enjoying their favorite cocktail or savoring a delicious meal. Norwegian Bliss features several new restaurants including global small plates at Food Republic, authentic Mexican cuisine at the upscale Los Lobos, and yummy barbeque and southern fare at Q, a Texas Smokehouse. Guests can choose from two great seafood venues on Norwegian Bliss: Ocean Blue and Ocean Blue on The Waterfront. The fleet’s popular Teppanyaki restaurant and Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville at Sea are onboard Norwegian Bliss, too. Those craving well-marbled steak should look no further than Cagney’s Steakhouse while Le Bistro is the place to go for a memorable French meal. Guests with a sweet tooth should make sure to save some room for treats from Dolce Gelato, The Bake Shop and Coco’s. Some Norwegian Bliss restaurants carry additional charges, but others including The Local, Garden Café, Savor, Taste, and The Manhattan Room are free of charge.
5. Tantalizing Bars and Nightlife. The fun never stops on Norwegian Bliss. Guests can choose from a huge collection of bars and lounges ranging from the Skyline Bar and the Mixx Bar to the expansive Atrium with its two-story LED screen. Lounges such as the Sugarcane Mojito Bar, Maltings Whiskey Bar, the District Brew House and The Cellars Mondavi Family Wine Bar are great spots for sampling new drinks and old favorites. Located between Cagney’s and Los Lobos, the A-List Bar is named after Norwegian Cruise Line President and CEO Andy Stuart. It’s the perfect go-to spot for premium spirits and handcrafted cocktails before or after dinner. Non-stop nightlife options on Norwegian Bliss include The Social Comedy & Night Club, Spice H20, and The Cavern Club – an indoor/outdoor lounge inspired by the Liverpool club made famous by the Beatles in the 1960’s.
6. Sensational Entertainment. Today’s top ships feature a wide variety of entertainment options, and that’s exactly what you’ll find aboard the Norwegian Bliss. The ship features live Broadway-style performances and tons of nightly shows. One of the most popular shows is Jersey Boys, a Tony Award-winning hit musical based on the true story and legendary hits of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. Bliss guests will also be wowed by the lively performances of ¡HAVANA!, a show-stopping musical set in 1950’s Cuba that’s making its world premiere on Norwegian Bliss. Those seeking more entertainment should plan to see Happy Hour Prohibition – The Musical, an adults-only show transporting guests back in time to Miss Lulu’s New Orleans rowdy speakeasy on the eve of Prohibition. This show will be offered twice during each sailing.
7. Great Adults-Only and Kids-Only Spaces. Norwegian Cruise Line understands that adults want to have their own spots for relaxation and fun. That’s why they’ve designed the Norwegian Bliss with several adults-only venues aboard the ship. Located on Deck 17 aft, Spice H2O is the place to go both day and night. It features hot tubs, a calming waterfall feature, sun loungers, a large video screen, a bar area and plenty of space for dancing. Deck 19 is home to another exclusive oasis for sunning and relaxing for guests 18 and older. Limited to those who purchase access passes, the private Vibe Beach Club offers upscale lounge chairs, a large hot tub, a soothing water feature, a full-service bar and great sea views. The world-class Mandara Spa, Salon & Fitness Center on Norwegian Bliss is hugely popular with adults as well. Traveling with kids? Norwegian Bliss is a superb choice for families. The ship’s Splash Academy youth area features sections designed specifically for three age groups: Turtles for ages 3-5; Seals for ages 6-9; and Dolphins for ages 10-12. Splash Academy also offers activities for Guppies – tiny cruisers ages 6 months up to 3 years. Parents with these young children can enjoy fun events together with their tots in Norwegian Getaway’s dedicated Guppies area. Norwegian Bliss knows how to cater to older kids as well. Located separately on Deck 5, Entourage is a high energy zone exclusively for teens ages 13-17. There’s also a massive Video Arcade sure to please kids and kids at heart.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Nancy Schretter. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Nancy Schretter. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Nancy Schretter for details.