Cleaning Calendar - January 2019
WINTER Cleaning Simple Family Cleaning Calendar
Make bed, quick floor pick up, wipe down counters, pick up clutter, laundry
Mondays: Deep Clean Bathroom Tuesdays: House Dusting
Wednesdays: Deep Clean Hard floor Thursdays: Deep Clean Carpet floors
Fridays: Catch up Day Saturdays: Bedding & towels
The following are tasks that need to be added into your daily routine. You can decide which days you have time to do more - or less - it's all up to you and YOUR schedule. Rotating tasks are tasks that should be done once or twice a year. Winter Tasks are Yearly jobs that need doing at specific times of the year. This can vary depending on YOUR seasonal cleaning tasks that need to be done.
vacuum baseboards, vacuum + spot clean furniture, as needed; clean light fixtures in kitchen; wash rugs; Polish wood furniture; change filters; clean oven; wash windows - interior + exterior; wipde down all appliances;
January is Whole House Declutter month. Need direction? Use the following to help guide you through. Complete one or a handful of tasks when you have the time to do so. Work at your own pace and remind yourself that at the end of the month your entire house will be decluttered.
Keep this checklist in mind as you go through it:
- Declutter - do a quick whole-house declutter and gather as many garbage bags as you can to get rid of
- Clean Surfaces - after you declutter - clean all surfaces - dust or wash accordingly
- Sort - sort through any exisiting paper piles that are out on counters or surfaces
- Mail - deal with your mail situation and come up with a system to sort daily to keep it from making clutter
- Kitchen: declutter counters, cabinets, and drawers
- Bathrooms: declutter counters, toiletries, cupboards and drawers
- Bedrooms: declutter surfaces, linens or clothing
- Living Areas: declutter toys, storage, and flat surfaces. Replace any throw pillows or blankets that are in ill-repair
- Other areas - declutter attic, basement, garage and/or storage areas
Having a clean home starts with having and maintaining a good workable routine. This routine can and will save you time and money. You will be able to stay on top of repairs. Once you find what really works for you, it becomes second nature. Get your family involved and make cleaning fun. If your house is organized and clean, you will feel less stressed. Less stress equals more time to do things that you want to do because you aren't stressing about what needs to be done. Company is always welcome and you don't have to feel anxious about your house being company ready. You will always be ready, whenever the mood strikes for a family or friend get together at your place!
Make it a great one!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Tammy Judd. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Tammy Judd. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Tammy Judd for details.