Easy Spring Cleaning Tips
Here are the most needed jobs to be done in a very non-specific order:
1) Launder all draperies
2) Flip and rotate your mattress
3) Dust/broom/vaccum corners of ceilings and walls
4) Touch up paint walls and doors
5) Change filters in vents
6) Clean and put away any winter items that need to be stored for the season
7) Bring out the spring/summer items and make sure everything has a place and is in good working order
8) Launder and put away winter clothes
9) Open windows and let some fresh air in to your living spaces!
10) Clean out pantry - make sure food is rotated and discard any spoiled items. Also, store any seasonal items that you won't eat or use this time of year (freezers are awesome for this)
11) Clean out drawers and closets
12) Clean under appliances
13) Clean out garage - put away things that won't be used for the next season. Pull out the stuff that will. Make everything easy to get to
14) Clean Couches and chairs - exterior and inside. Follow manufacturers cleaning instructions
15) Shampoo rugs and carpets
16) Spruce up your front porch and yard - change out seasonal decor items, touch up paint, as needed; paint your front door a fun color!
17) Dust all wall decor - make sure picture frames have the glass cleaned, etc.
18) Clean all windows - inside and out. Make sure screens are cleaned out as well
19) Wash window sills and tracks.
20) Clean out your fireplace and chimney - put things you won't need away for the next seasons
21) Wash the exterior and interior of all major appliances: Washer/dryer, Regrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, oven, stove, microwave, ice maker, toasters, etc.
22) Get bicycles ready for riding. Update safety equipment, as needed
23) Clean out dryer tubing - outside and inside.
24) Make sure all of your smoke detectors and fire extinguishers are in good working order.
25) Go around exterior of home and make note of anything that needs repairing or touching up. Make plans to do it!
Make this your best Spring Clean Event EVERY!!
Make it a great one!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Tammy Judd. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Tammy Judd. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Tammy Judd for details.