Super Chocolate Truffles
Who doesn't love chocolate? These scrumptious truffles are rich and delicious and make a perfect addition for a dessert party, shower, brunch or buffet. They also make a great gift.
1/4 cup heavy cream
6 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
4 tablespoons butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1. In a medium saucepan, boil cream on low heat for 3 minutes or until reduce to about 2 tablespoons.
2. Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate. Return to heat and stir until chocolate is completely melted.
3. Whisk in the butter and vanilla until smooth.
4. Add the cherries.
5. Remove from heat and pour into a loaf pan. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
7. When cooled, scoop out the chocolate with a teaspoon and roll into 1/2-inch balls.
8. Place cocoa powder into a shallow bowl. Roll the balls into cocoa powder and place on a platter or cookie tray lined with waxed paper.
9. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Lisa Babick. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lisa Babick. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Shalia Hayes for details.