Grilled Veggie Kabobs
A great side dish for any summertime meal. You can substitute a variety of vegetables for those listed including cherry tomatoes, red peppers, corn chunks and others.
Vegetables from Amaranth to Zucchini: The Essential Reference: 500 Recipes, 275 Photographs
The Roasted Vegetable
Ten 10-inch metal or wooden skewers
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 medium yellow squash, cut into 20 chunks
1 red onion, cut into 20 chunks
1 medium zucchini, cut into 20 chunks
1. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper; mix well.
3. Alternately thread 2 chunks each of the yellow squash, onion and zucchini onto each skewer.
4. Place in a 9" X 13" baking dish and pour the marinade over the vegetables.
5. Marinate for 30 minutes, turning halfway through the marinating.
6. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat and grill the kebabs for 8 to 10 minutes or until fork-tender, basting occasionally with the marinade.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Lisa Babick. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lisa Babick. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Shalia Hayes for details.