Low Carb Frittata Recipe
This ham and cheese frittata is easy to make and perfect for those following Adkins, South Beach, or other low carb plans.
- 5 eggs
- 1 Tbs water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2/3 cup roasted red bell peppers, julliened
- 1 1/4 cup ham, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup sharp Provolone cheese, shredded
- Beat the eggs, water, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix in the broccoli, ham, and bell peppers.
- In a large, oven proof skillet or pan heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook for 6 to 7 minutes, until the eggs are set around the edges.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle the cheese over the eggs.
- Place the pan under the broiler and cook until the eggs are set in the center and the cheese is melted (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and allow the frittata to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
You Should Also Read:
Chicken Breasts With Garlic Recipe
Shrimp with Tomatoes, Lime and Parsley Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.