Pasta Primavera Recipe
A recipe that uses all the great vegetables of the season, with a garden fresh taste.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 2 cups fresh broccoli flowerets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pound linguine cooked al dente
- Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus and discard. Cut the asparagus diagonally into 1" pieces.
- Place the asparagus and broccoli flowerets into a steamer and cook for 5-7 minutes. They should be crisp tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion for 1 minute in the oil. Add the garlic and continue cooking until tender.
- Add the carrot and chopped peppers to the skillet. Sauté until crisp-tender.
- Place the vegetables in a bowl and set aside.
- In the skillet combine the cream, broth, basil, and salt. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add all the cooked vegetables and the mushrooms to the skillet and heat through.
- Pour over the linguine and toss gently.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the linguine and toss again.
- Serve immediately.
Note: This meal is perfect with a simple green salad and crusty bread.
You Should Also Read:
No Cook Pasta Sauces
Garden Pasta Sauce Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.