Loofah Salt Scrub Soap
• 2 pounds clear suspension base
• 1 whole loofah – sliced into 1 inch slices (while dry) and then sprayed with water (loofah should be completely moist so that soap base will adhere to it)
• 1-2 cups regular table salt or fine grained spa salts
• ½ oz menthol crystals
• 2 oz. eucalyptus mint fragrance oil
• 1 tsp dried peppermint leaves – torn into pieces
• 1- 6 drops sea blue water dispersible colorant (use toothpicks)
Melt soap base and add colorant until desired shade of blue is achieved. Set aside to cool down a bit. Put salt into loaf mold and spray with distilled water, mixing until lightly moist, not completely wet. Arrange loofah slices into loaf pan with salt. Pack salt around and into loofah slices. Dissolve menthol crystals into fragrance oil and add to soap base. Pour soap base onto loofah slices, making sure all the slices are completely immersed in soap base. A knife or spoon maybe used to keep slices from floating until they start to set (this may take a few minutes). After soap has set completely, sprinkle with herbs and flower petals.
When set, slice each slice off loaf with a sharp knife. Use a serrated blade to clean up loofah slice edges that became frayed while cutting. Leave soap out for several hours to dry, then wrap, and enjoy!
Wholesalesuppliesplus Vast assortment of supplies for soapmaking-- soap base, menthol crystals, fragrance oils, herbs, loofah, etc.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Winsome Tapper. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Winsome Tapper. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.