Confetti Pasta Recipe
This dish is pretty, tasty, packed full of healthy veggies.
- 1 pound tri-color pasta
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups tomato or marinara sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 1/2 cup Pecarino-Romano cheese, freshly grated
- Cook the pasta al dente.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the zucchini, carrots, and red bell pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and heat through.
- Place the pasta in a serving bowl and add the sauce, basil leaves, and cheese. Toss gently, coating the pasta evenly.
- Serve immediately with bread and salad.
Note: This recipe is perfect for vegetarians and others trying to eat light and healthy.
You Should Also Read:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.