Design and Print Online at Avery.com
If you will be adding your own graphics, the Avery's online software tool will accept jpg, png and gif formats. In the instructions below, we are assuming that you will be using the Avery Ink Jet Print-to-the-Edge Business Card. You will need one background graphic that is 2.25 x 3.75 inches at 300 dpi.
- Go to Avery.com and click on the Design and Print Online button at the top of the webpage. This link will take you to the Avery's online design wizard.
- In the first screen of the wizard, you will want to choose "Create Project by Product Type". This will take you to the next screen.
- At the top of the new screen, you will see a place for you to enter the product number for the Avery Ink Jet Print-to-the-Edge Business Card (#8373). As you type in the 8373, you will see a list of three products related to this number. You may choose either 8373 Glossy Business Cards, 8373 Two-Sided Glossy Business Cards – Wide or 8373 Two-Sided Glossy Business Cards – Tall. Choose from a Wide (horizontal) or Tall (vertical) layout. Click the Next button to move on to the next screen in the wizard.
- On the next screen, you will see several sample business cards. Choose any of these to move on to the next screen in the wizard.
Now you will see the sample business card displayed in the design layout. On the left, are the controls for customizing your business card for printing. Because we are using our own background graphic and company information, our first step is to remove all the design elements from the sample.
- In the sample card, the first section of text is already selected. Right-click on the highlighted text box and choose Delete Text Box from the pop-up menu. Repeat this step until you have deleted all the text from the sample card.
Once you have removed all the text, we are ready to remove any graphics. Depending on the sample you have chosen to begin with, you may have a background graphic and smaller detail graphics.
- Select each of the smaller graphics and choose Delete Image. When you have only the larger background graphic left, select the background and choose Delete Background.
Now your layout should be totally empty of any design details and we are ready to add our own. Let's begin with the background graphic.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Diane Cipollo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Diane Cipollo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Diane Cipollo for details.