Cookie Pizza Recipe
This cookie pizza is so fun and easy to prepare. There are so many occasions that make this the ideal treat. A cookie pizza is the perfect dessert to get your kids involved in the baking process. Kids will have a blast frosting the cookie or piling on the toppings. This is also an option if you are looking for a replacement for the typical, boring birthday cake. It is a crowd pleaser for both kids and adults. The cookie base of this pizza is frosted with a rich, fudgy chocolate. The cookie toppings I used are some of my favorites. I topped it with peanut butter chips, toffee bits, and M&M's candies. You can use any of your favorite candies, nuts, or crushed cookies.
Cookie Pizza Recipe
Makes a 12 inch cookie pizza
Ingredients for the cookie:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon vanilla
1. Combine the flour and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
2. With a hand mixer cream together the sugar and butter in a large bowl.
3. Beat in the egg and the vanilla.
4. Stir in the flour.
5. Spread the dough on a greased 12 inch pizza pan.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
7. Allow to cool before frosting.
Chocolate Frosting Recipe
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup milk
3 tbsp. butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
Peanut butter chips
English toffee chips
Optional: Melted white chocolate to drizzle on the cookie.
1. Combine the sugar, milk, and butter in a medium sized sauce pan and melt over low heat.
2. Stir constantly until melted.
3. Add the chocolate chips and continue stirring until melted and smooth.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Beat the frosting until creamy.
6. Frost the cookie with the chocolate.
7. Immediately decorate the cookie with the candy toppings.
8. Drizzle the optional white chocolate over the cookie.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Michelle Matile. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Michelle Matile. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Brandii Lacey for details.