Healing the Cold and Flu Virus
1. While you are sick take this opportunity to rest and care for your body, mind and spirit. Be patient and slow down your normal routine. This will help you to heal. Remember that most cold and flu virus' can last from seven to ten days. The more you rest the faster you will recover. Illness is your body's way of telling you that you need to take better care of yourself.
2. Drink plenty of water and fluids to moisturize the mucous membranes, reduce fever, loosen chest congestion, and make breathing easier.
3. A daily multivitamin will strengthen your immune system.
4. Twice a day it is helpful to gargle with listerine, warm salt water or any kind of mouthwash that eliminates bacteria in the mouth and throat.
5. Blow your nose well to remove bacteria from your nasal cavity.
6. Use salt water solutions to moisturize your nasal membranes and help minimize bacteria inside your nose.
7. If you are sick with a cold or flu, it is important to not make others sick. Cough in a tissue and wear a protective mask for your own benefit and for others around you. This helps to prevent the spread of germs.
8. Open a window to let fresh air in your home or work. Breathing fresh clean oxygen is crucial to keeping healthy.
9. It is important to be examined by your doctor if you have a cold or flu virus that causes serious illness or respiratory infection. Most normal colds and flu can be treated with rest and care, but more serious versions should be examined by a doctor. Your doctor will prescribe antibiotics or medical treatments that can best help your body to heal and become well again.
10. Talk to your doctor about the benefits of a flu vaccination. The vaccination works by helping your body build a natural resistance to the flu virus.
11. Remember Zinc, not only at times when you are sick, but also include this miracle mineral into your routine at least once a week. Studies show that Zinc helps to shorten the life of a cold or flu virus, and it also helps to prevent illness as well.
12. Olive leaf is a derivative of the green olive, which has healing powers for the human body. Olive leaf works as an antiviral in the body. Taking olive leaf when you feel a cold coming on can help to eliminate cold symptoms.
13. Try Airborne, which is a new vitamin and mineral supplement that dissolves in a glass of water. It was created by a school teacher who was familiar with getting sick often from germs in school. This is a product truly worthy of praise. It works to prevent colds and flu. It also works if you are already sick to heal the body.
14. Ingest a fish oil supplement. It is an old fashioned remedy that works to heal the body. Fish oil contains omega 3 fatty acids that strengthen the immune system. It also helps the skin and hair to look radiant.
15. Include Antioxidants into your diet. Antioxidants repair and protect all cells in the human body. Fruits and vegetables are rich in the Antioxidants Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Beta Carotene, and Lycopene. Good examples are melon, berries, green leafy vegetables, carrots, spinach, peppers, broccoli and tomato. Fruit and vegetable juices are also rich in Antioxidants.
16. Vitamin C is a healing vitamin that aids in the prevention of stress, colds, flu, respiratory illness, and overstressed adrenal glands.
17. Wash your hands often to prevent the spread of germs and bacteria. It is a good idea to wash whenever you touch anything that contains bacteria.
18. Be mindful to develop a healthy sleep schedule that includes restful naps. Enough sleep will give your body the healing restoration it needs to protect you from illness and infection.
19. Use a small personal steamer. Breathing in steam can help to relieve sinus congestion. Steam can also help to eliminate the cold and flu virus within the body. Always use a steamer with care. Never use a pot of hot water because that can be dangerous. Read and follow all directions for steaming carefully.
20. Become a problem solver. Think of solutions to problems to relieve your mind of worry. Write things down to ease mental stress. This will help to strengthen your immune system and prevent illness.
21. Make friends. Studies show that people who regularly talk with a friend have less colds and flu than people who do not . Friendship gives us a natural support system, that develops a healthy mind and body. Friendship makes us feel good, and it boosts immunity against disease and illness.
22. Visit and talk with your doctor at least once a year. This gives you the best care to stay healthy. Regular visits with your doctor can help to find and treat possible illness before it begins, and it is a good way to take care of yourself.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Danielle Anna. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Anna. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Danielle Anna for details.