S’mores Pie Recipe
This decadent pie is the perfect dessert for the S’mores lover. The pie starts with a graham cracker crust. Layered on top of the graham cracker is rich, chocolate, fudge filling. The pie is finished with marshmallow whipped cream. This is a very rich dessert. A small piece will go a long way. This pie is fairly easy to make and did not take long to prepare.
I used a store bought graham cracker crust. However, you can make your own if you prefer. I was bringing this somewhere and love using the store bought with the built in pan. I didn't want to have to worry about remembering to bring home my pie plate. Over the years I have forgotten too many plates and pans.
S’mores Pie Recipe
1 8 or 9 inch prepared graham cracker crust
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp. baking cocoa powder
1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tbsp. vanilla
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate chips together in the microwave in a large microwave safe bowl.
3. Allow it to cool for 1-2 minutes.
4. Stir in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
5. Stir in the flour and cocoa.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared graham cracker crust.
7. Bake for 45 minutes.
8. Allow it to cool before adding whipped cream.
Marshmallow Whipped Cream Recipe
1.5 cups heavy whipping cream, plus an additional 1/4 cup
1.5 tbsp. confectioner’s sugar
1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
Optional: drizzle with chocolate and graham cracker crumbs
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and 1.5 cups of cream with an electric mixer for several minutes. Continue this until stiff peaks form.
2. In a separate bowl, stir the marshmallow fluff and 1/4 cup cream together until combined and smooth.
3. Fold the marshmallow into the whipped cream.
4. Pipe or spread the cream onto the pie.
5. Optional: decorate with crushed graham crackers and drizzle with chocolate ganache.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Michelle Matile. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Michelle Matile. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Brandii Lacey for details.