November 13 2012 Vision Issues Newsletter
Volume 11: Issue 2; Week of November 11 to 17:
Hope all veterans experienced a great veterans day. Thanks to all veterans for your service to our country.
A new informational link for veterans dealing with vision issues was posted on the American foundation for the Blind Website. Help and support can be found by visiting the site.
Important vision issues News:
1. The Unified Braille Code is adopted by the Braille Authority of North America. Read more at www.afb.org.
2. Anne Sullivan Macy Act helps children with visual impairments succeed in school. You can help by signing a petition advancing the legislation. Visit www.afb.org to sign the petition.
3. Help expand Braille and technology literacy by supporting AFB and Lions Clubs International. Visit the website to find out how you can help.
Employment Opportunities: Courtesy of the American Foundation for the Blind.
1. Cashier/Stocker, Offutt AFB, Nebraska - Offutt AFB, Nebraska
2. Education Specialist for Blind/Low Vision Students - WV School for the Blind, Romney, West Virginia
3. Call Center Coordinator - Milwaukee, WI
Here's the latest article from the Vision Issues site at BellaOnline.com.
Voting Experience Visually Impaired Blind Person
Privacy is the main issue when voting as a visually impaired/blind person. Every person who considers voting a privilege and civic duty is entitled to complete the voting process in a private manner. Read about my voting experience as a blind person.
Forum News: Voting Stories.
Visit the Vision Issues Forum and post your Election Day voting story.
Coming Next Week: Vision Organizations Kansas to Maryland
A sample listing of vision organizations located in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine and Maryland.
Until next week – Have a great week!
Dean Ingalls, Vision Issues Editor
Unsubscribe from the Vision Issues Newsletter
Online Newsletter Archive for Vision Issues Site
Master List of BellaOnline Newsletters