February 19 2013 Vision Issues Newsletter
Volume 2: Issue 3; Week of February 17 to 23, 2013
What’s happening in your world? Visit the Vision Issues Forum and post a thread telling us about your life.
Relative Vision Topics:
1. FDA approves first bionic eye – this past week the FDA approved the use of a bionic eye that improved sight for individuals with Retinitis Pigmentosa.
More info: Search – FDA Approves First Bionic Eye
2. A study involving the efficacy or safety of using human central nervous system stem cells to treat Macular Degeneration is currently seeking recruits. The study is a single group assignment interventional design. StemCells, Inc. is the sponsoring company of the study.
For more information:
Visit www.clinicaltrials.gov and enter the Study Title – NCT01632527 to obtain contact information. Study based in Texas – recruiting area Dallas, must be age 50 and above.
3. Tech Access – Michael Lauf - Database that connects Employers to Disabled Employees:
Information link: What Disability?
Employment Opportunities: Courtesy of the American Foundation for the Blind.
1. MANAGEMENT TRAINEE - WEST ALLIS, WI
2. ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST/BSC ACCOUNTS PAYABLE - WEST ALLIS, WI
3. WOUNDED WARRIOR PROGRAM COORDINATOR - WEST ALLIS, WISCONSIN
Here's the latest article from the Vision Issues site at BellaOnline.com.
Visually Impaired/Blind Audio Newspapers
Audio Newspapers and magazines read via the telephone, a service provided by the National federation of the Blind (NFB). The service is provided for the visually impaired/blind and physically handicapped. Get the service by…
Use this link to go directly to the article:
What research studies have you read lately showing improvement with a vision issue? Do you have a topic you would like to discuss? Visit the forum and post a thread on the vision issues forum and we can talk about the issue. What do you think about the Bionic eye?
Use this link to go directly to the forum:
Coming next week: Restasis Chronic Dry Eye Medication
Restasis, medication designed to relieve and improve symptoms of Chronic Dry Eye. Discover specific information about the product.
Until next week – Have a great week!
Dean Ingalls, Vision Issues Editor
One of hundreds of sites at BellaOnline.com
Unsubscribe from the Vision Issues Newsletter
Online Newsletter Archive for Vision Issues Site
Master List of BellaOnline Newsletters