May 14 2013 Vision Issues Newsletter
Volume 5; Issue 1 Week of May 12 to 18, 2013.
I am in Little Rock Arkansas and the weather has finally started feeling like springtime. This past Saturday was perfect. Hope the weather is great where you live. Here’s what’s happening on the Vision Issues Website this week.
“What do you have to smile about today?” – Tell us about it on the vision issues forum.
Vision Related Topics:
1. The May issue of Access World a news magazine about technology for the vision impaired from the American Foundation for the blind is now posted on the AFB website. The issue is a great place to read about new technology for the people with vision issues.
Employment Opportunities: Courtesy of the American Foundation for the blind.
**The AFB has fifty-six job openings listed on their site! Here are just a few:
1. Document Handler - Phoenix, Arizona
2. File Folder Assembler - Albany Georgia
3. Assembler (C.C.) - Corpus Christi, TX
4. Associate Contract Administrator - Alexandria, VA
5. TVI Braille Instruction / Itinerant Services - Colorado Springs, CO
Here's the latest article from the Vision Issues site at BellaOnline.com.
Access Note App from AFB Review
The Access Note App from the American Foundation for the blind provides an easy method for the vision impaired to record notes using an Apple I-Phone and other technology. The App is reasonably priced. Find out more…
Coming next week: JAWS Certification Program
Are you JAWS certified? Freedom Scientific offers the opportunity to become JAWS certified on their website. The certification has helped vision impaired people obtain work. How much do you know about JAWS?
Did a training program help you find work? Visit the Vision issues forum and tell us about any important training you experienced that helped you land a job! You might help a vision impaired person find work.
Until next week – Have a great week!
Dean Ingalls, Vision Issues Editor
One of hundreds of sites at BellaOnline.com
Unsubscribe from the Vision Issues Newsletter
Online Newsletter Archive for Vision Issues Site
Master List of BellaOnline Newsletters