May 15 2012 Vision Issues Newsletter
Volume 5 Issue 2 May 13th to 19th
Hope all mothers were treated to a wonderful day on Sunday! The world turns because of a mother’s love. I followed the television show, “Survivor” and thought the finale played out perfectly for mother’s day. The five finalists were women, the first time in Survivor history (12 years and 24 seasons). Way to go ladies
Employment Opportunities: Courtesy of the American foundation for the Blind.
1. Recruiting/Admissions Manager - Little Rock, Arkansas
2. Vision Rehabilitation Specialist/Rehab Teacher - Little Rock, Arkansas
3. Adjustment Counselor - Indianapolis, IN
1. New Disabilities Editor – Jeanetta Polenske – is doing a great job posting very informative articles on all aspects concerning individuals with disabilities. Please take some time and visit her site.
2. Amelia Dickerson – Blind Colorado University student - “Inspires Lab Changes” – Colorado Daily story by Whitney Bryen.
Outstanding visually impaired student at Colorado University standing up for the right to participate in work in her experimental science class. She opened some doors for other visually impaired students to receive an education equal to her fellow classmates by requesting equal accessibility. Great job – Amelia. You can read her story at:
Visit the new threads below and post your thoughts.
1. Games and Quizzes thread – visit the word games on the Vision Issues Homepage.
2. How to help a family Member experiencing Vision Loss! - Any comments or questions?
This Week’s Articles:
1. Vision Issues Fun Games and Quizzes! – New subject found on the Vision Issues Homepage. Click on the subject to play word games or find a quiz to test your knowledge.
2. How to help a family Member Experiencing Vision Loss!
Do you have a family member dealing with vision loss – discover how you can help!
Use the links provided below to go directly to the articles.
Coming Next Week:
1. What do you do when you meet a blind person?
2. Top causes of vision loss for women!
Until next week – Have a great week!
Here's the latest article from the Vision Issues site at BellaOnline.com.
Help A Family Member/Friend Deal With Vision Loss!
Do you have a family member or friend experiencing vision loss? Would you like to know how to help? Discover a list of “Do’s and Don’ts” along with some practical experiments, techniques, and common sense advice that make helping a visually impaired/blind family member easier – advice from life.
Please visit visionissues.bellaonline.com for even more great content about Vision Issues.
To participate in free, fun online discussions, this site has a community forum all about Vision Issues located here -
I hope to hear from you sometime soon, either in the forum or in response to this email message. I thrive on your feedback!
Have fun passing this message along to family and friends, because we all love free knowledge!
Dean Ingalls, Vision Issues Editor
One of hundreds of sites at BellaOnline.com
Unsubscribe from the Vision Issues Newsletter
Online Newsletter Archive for Vision Issues Site
Master List of BellaOnline Newsletters