These brownies take very little time to make because they start with an easy homemade Mom’s Brownie Mix, (although I haven’t tested it personally, store-bought brownie mix is very similar- except that it contains preservatives and several things most of us can’t pronounce - and will most likely work in a pinch) and have very few ingredients.
Almost any fun-size candy bars will work, as well as M&M’s, which I use to fill in around the bars; Kit-Kat bars, however, don’t taste as good as other bars in these brownies because those crunchy layers end up tasting like cardboard when baked, so just eat those Kit-Kats while you are placing the other candy bars on top of the brownies.
4 cups Mom's Brownie Mix
2 cups grated zucchini
1 tablespoon vanilla
30 fun size candy bars, including M&M's candies
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13" shallow baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix the Brownie Mix, zucchini, eggs, and vanilla; spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Arrange the candy bars over the surface of the batter; fill in the spaces with M&M's.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until set (do not overbake).
- Remove from oven and let cool thoroughly on a rack before cutting into 32 squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 172 Calories from Fat 70
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 41% Protein 6% Carb. 53%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 28 mg
Sodium 115 mg
Total Carbohydrate 23 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 1%